Old Hollywood Glamour Fashion - Top 10 Fall Fashion Trends - Wills India Fashion Week 2011
Old Hollywood Glamour Fashion
- The US movie industry and the lifestyles of the people associated with it
- a flashy vulgar tone or atmosphere believed to be characteristic of the American film industry; "some people in publishing think of theirs as a glamorous medium so they copy the glitter of Hollywood"
- flashy and vulgar; "young white women dressed Hollywood style"; "Hollywood philandering"
- Beauty or charm that is sexually attractive
- glamor: alluring beauty or charm (often with sex-appeal)
- hex: cast a spell over someone or something; put a hex on someone or something
- The attractive or exciting quality that makes certain people or things seem appealing or special
- (glamourous) glamorous: having an air of allure, romance and excitement; "glamorous movie stars"
- Enchantment; magic
- make out of components (often in an improvising manner); "She fashioned a tent out of a sheet and a few sticks"
- Use materials to make into
- manner: how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- characteristic or habitual practice
- Make into a particular or the required form
Glamour: A Novel
The internationally bestselling author of Sparkles is back with an irresistibly juicy novel about three powerful women—once best friends, now deadly rivals
Texan honey Sally Lassiter, English rose Jane Morgan, and exotic Jordanian beauty Helen Yanna meet at an exclusive girls’ school in L.A. and vow that nothing will ever tear them apart. But when catastrophe strikes, two of the young women find themselves grieving and penniless, and the third will be forced into a fate she could never have foreseen.
In their struggle to rebuild their lives, Helen, Sally, and Jane come together to create a high-end department store called Glamour. But as money and recognition rocket them into the spotlight, they quickly discover what happens to promises when money is no object, lust has no bounds, and glamour is worth everything in this seductive rags–to– riches saga.
the allure of mystery...
i want that necklace!
Dress & Accessories provided by: Beth Bennett of B Trousseau
MUA: Danielle Wilson
Hairstylist: Loni Wilson
Model: Kristina Kennedy
The Gloria Dress
Liz Cole creates all her fashions with beauty and glamour in mind. This sparkly knit number with the up-to-there slit takes B&G to the maximum.
old hollywood glamour fashion
Undeniably one of the most beautiful and dazzling actresses to ever grace the silver screen, Marlene Dietrich was renowned for her sultry voice and her alluring "bedroom eyes." This unprecedented 5-movie collection pays homage to the legendary Oscar®-nominated leading lady whose extraordinary talents revolutionized cinema and inspired passion in audiences around the globe. See Marlene in her American movie debut as a glamorous cabaret singer in Morocco; experience the heart-wrenching anguish of a woman torn between two men, her successful career on stage and her child in Blonde Venus; join in the mystery and mayhem of Spain’s Carnevale in The Devil Is a Woman; hit the road to jewels and jeopardy in The Flame of New Orleans; and be seduced by a lusty gypsy on a secret mission during World War II in Golden Earrings. It’s a stunning tribute to a screen siren who remains one of the most fascinating women of all time.
Marlene Dietrich was one of the cinema's glorious creatures, an elegant arrangement of bone structure and silver light, blessed with a sly sense of humor. Marlene Dietrich: The Glamour Collection assembles five titles featuring la Dietrich at her best, with a special emphasis on one of the great Hollywood director-star collaborations.
Dietrich and director Josef von Sternberg met in Germany when he plucked her from obscurity for the starring role of The Blue Angel, after which she came to America and instant stardom. A string of films with Sternberg created her image as an exotic source of fascination, both ethereal and sexually knowing. Three of those outings are included in this package. Morocco, their first Hollywood movie together, is a delirious look at a cabaret singer taken with a Foreign Legion soldier (the young Gary Cooper). Dressed in masculine clothes for her act, Dietrich already displays a sexual confidence that fairly burns off the screen. Blonde Venus has a soap opera-ish plot about a woman's fall and rise, but Dietrich's commitment to the part is complete; plus, there's an outrageous faux-African number that begins with Dietrich dressed in a gorilla costume. Cary Grant looks on in astonishment.
The Devil Is a Woman is an unmitigated Sternberg-Dietrich masterpiece, and their final movie together. Here Marlene is a Spanish vixen making life exciting and miserable for Lionel Atwill (a lookalike stand-in for Josef von Sternberg himself). The film is an eye-popping light-painting draped with feathers, mesh, and confetti, all of which are in service to a fundamentally serious inquiry into the knotty business of men and women.
Putting three of the Paramount Dietrich-Sternberg films in this collection and leaving out the other three is either carelessness or marketing strategy. In any case, the other two movies in this package are not at the same level, but certainly good fun. The Flame of New Orleans, director Rene Clair's first Hollywood picture, is a gorgeously photographed comedy with a delightful role for its star. Dietrich is stuck choosing between aristocrat Roland Young and rough sailor Bruce Cabot. The look on her face as she listens to helpful advice about wedding-night conjugal realities from a matron is a riot of erotic mischief. Golden Earrings is a crazy story about Ray Milland getting stuck behind German lines in the early days of WWII, and being taken in by gypsy girl Dietrich. Even here, nearly 20 years after her first stardom, she's still Dietrich. The hair may be dyed black, but the cheekbones are unmistakable. --Robert Horton
fashion magazine career
jobs in fashion marketing
fashion bed group richmond black wood headboard
fashion shopping online singapore
beautiful fashion models
fashion tv series
1920s vintage fashion
1990s fashion pictures
Post a comment
| HOME |
Author:1920s ladies fashion
Welcome to FC2!
- 1920S LADIES FASHION : LADIES FASHION (10/23)
- ALBERTA FASHION WEEK : FASHION WEEK (10/23)
- CHELSEA LADIES FASHION. CHELSEA LADIES (10/23)
- CHINA WHOLESALE FASHION. WHOLESALE FASHION (10/23)
- FASHION BELTS FOR MEN. FOR MEN (10/23)
- FASHION TIPS OVER 50 - FASHION TIPS (10/23)
- FASHION WEEK FRANCE - WEEK FRANCE (10/23)
- NEW FASHION IN JEANS. NEW FASHION (10/23)
- OLD HOLLYWOOD GLAMOUR FASHION - GLAMOUR FASHION (10/23)
- POPULAR FASHION PHOTOGRAPHERS - FASHION PHOTOGRAPHERS (10/23)
- PUNK FASHION STYLE - PUNK FASHION (10/23)
- THE LATEST FASHION FOR TEENAGERS. THE LATEST FASHION (10/23)
- VIRTUAL FASHION WEBSITES FOR GIRLS. WEBSITES FOR GIRLS (10/23)
- WORLD BEST FASHION PHOTOGRAPHER : FASHION PHOTOGRAPHER (10/23)